Timed auctions bidding guide
You can view the items of the auction online without registration and login during the auction exhibition period at our Gallery at Buda Castle Táncsics Mihály utca 5.
To participate in the auction, however, online registration is required, the procedure of which is as follows:
- Fill out the form on our website at least 3 working days before the auction ends. Click here to REGISTER
- Within short time you will receive a confirmation email with a link - by clicking on it, you can activate your user account. Please check your SPAM folder aswell!
- After successful activation, please fill out your complete data of your accound and then press "Save" on the lower part. Now you can log in to our website at any time.
- In case you should be directed to the Hungarian site after activation, please change the language in the right upper corner to english (EN)
- Now you have accepted our auction terms and conditions so in case you are a new customer, have also sent us a photo of your identity card, we will authorise your account for participation at our auctions within 48 hours.
The speciality of our auctions
The auctions organized by our gallery are timed auctions, which means that in parallel with the exhibition of auction lots, bids for auction lots can be submitted online at any time from the opening day of the exhibition until 6 pm of the last day of the exhibition.
IMPORTANT: If a higher bid for a lot arrives in the last 2 minutes before closing of the auction, the bid closing of this item will be automatically extended by 3 minutes until no more bids are received in the last 2 minutes.
Other important information for you to know during bidding at our timed auctions:
- Bids submitted are not public, we show only the bid and the time of the bid.
- Bids can only be made for a valid bidding step.
- A submitted bid can be more than several bidding steps higher than the current price: in this case we will only validate it until another bidder applies.
- In case another higher bid arrives to our system on the given lot, the site autorefreshes - there is no need to press "refresh"
- After submitting the bid, it is legally binding and entails a payment obligation, so a submitted bid cannot be withdrawn.
- Anyone who is currently leading the bidding can continue to increase their bid and save it in our system.
- In this case, the higher bid is considered an absentee bid and our system automatically raises the bid up to the higher bid you made. In case of possible overbidding by another bidder, we will inform you by e-mail.
- After the auction, you can automatically switch to the summary page of the bidding of the given lot on the website, where it is possible to review the bidding results of the closed lot under the item “My Lots”.
In case of any further question, please dont hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org